We have passwords for our smartphones and passcodes for apps. In this case, did you know that your internet connection, however fast, can lead to hacking? Securing your apps and phones won’t do unless you have premium cybersecurity software. Read on to learn how to protect your information.
Hacker-proofing your digital life: Exploring the need for internet security
To protect confidential information
Confidential information, such as personal data, financial records, business secrets, and intellectual property, must be kept secure to prevent it from falling into hackers’ hands.
To comply with regulations
Be it any industry, healthcare, pharma, or IT, all companies should have software to secure sensitive data. Failing it, they might have to face legal disputes.
To maintain business continuity
Any business firm can continue with its duty only when there are proper security measures to save the data from hackers and viruses. If not, these can shut down their operations, leading to the mass sacking of their employees.
To protect customer trust
Organizations with hundreds of customers must have highly secure systems for protecting customer information. If they do, they might retain customers, leading to financial constraints.
To prevent cyber attacks
Information security is essential for phishing, malware, viruses and other online threats. Having good cyber security software will help you with any malicious online attack.
To safeguard employee information
It’s common for hackers to create identity threats and financial fraud when they get access to employees’ personal details, health information and payroll records. Hence all organizations require cyber assistance.
Understanding the importance of internet security against hackers
Cyber security is a must-have for organizations only after reading these. So, why should you have a proper cyber security system?
- To protect personal data – Your health records, social security numbers, and bank details will all be saved online or on your devices at some point. To protect these, you must have robust software, which your internet service provider will offer.
- To maintain online privacy – All of us use the internet to do everything, which makes our lives easier. If you want to maintain anonymity online, always use a VPN while browsing the internet, so the site can’t track your location and other required details to visit a website.
- To secure online transactions – Online transactions are widespread these days. Hence if you are doubtful of a website which you have chosen to buy groceries or anything else, don’t continue on the site for more than two minutes. Also, do not use public Wi-Fi networks when doing online financial transactions since this is one of the easiest ways to steal your information or hack your UPI accounts.
What can you do to protect your information?
- Use a firewall – A firewall is a substantial barrier protecting your information from outside the network. Install a premium firewall that has software updates often.
- Access control – If you have personal Wi-Fi, it’s best to let your family and relatives use it. To allow this, secure your broadband with a strong password with a minimum of 15 characters, including special symbols, numbers and upper- and lower-case letters.
- Use anti–malware software – Malware stands for malicious software, which includes viruses, Trojans and ransomware, which are usually released through bugs that can be found only after a long time. You can use anti-virus software to protect your devices and internet connection.
- Enable two-factor authentication – Two-factor authentication lets you sign in to your accounts only with a code sent to your phone number. This can help you prevent all your online accounts.
We have seen how important it is to have cyber-security software. You can get one when you switch to a new broadband connection. With Excitel, you get high-speed internet and excellent security software to protect your network and personal information.