Fiber optic internet is about more than just gaming, video conferences, and streaming at home (although those are great reasons to get it). The advantages of fiber internet from Excitel also apply to your business, and here are a few points on why fiber is better for your small businesses. There are many reasons why enterprises pick fiber. We’ll look at some of the main benefits of choosing fiber in this blog. Some reasons are purely technical, like speed, and some are more related to the nature of business today and fiber’s advantages. Here are the benefits of using fiber internet:
- Bandwidth and speed: Fiber connections are arguably the fastest and most symmetrical. The core technical advantage of fiber is that it has the same upload and download speeds providing the type of performance you need to run over-the-top applications. Having the ability to increase bandwidth as your business need dictates enables you to run at optimal performance. Having the flexibility to self-serve at any point in time is vital.
- Reliability: Unlike many broadband offerings (e.g., DSL, cable) that originated in the consumer space, fiber networks have grown out of the mid-markets and enterprise environment where service level agreements (SLA) are part of doing business. Excitel offers ultra-reliable service on our Fiber+ Internet network. With hybrid workforces logging on from home, office, or on the road somewhere, this added reliability can provide peace of mind to IT professionals and business managers alike.
- Enhanced productivity: Organizations increasingly rely on collaboration tools to keep a distributed hybridized workforce connected and coordinated. Videoconferencing has been one of the biggest workforce stories of the past three years. It is more than just bandwidth intensive. However, transmitting a user’s video image and words to an audience relies on upload speeds. With Excitel fiber and optic internet, these higher-bandwidth consuming services, such as video conferencing, can exist alongside other tools, such as instant messaging, VoIP and other collaboration services on the same network.
- Cloud-based applications and services: Not only are employees distributed today, but applications also come in many forms from many places, many delivered as a service. The “as a Service” (aaS) model now encompasses things from infrastructure (IaaS), platforms (PaaS) and many other tools and functions. Fiber provides the route to accessing these components of modern enterprises and managing all the data traffic the current enterprise experiences through all these aaS offerings.
- Latency: Latency refers to the delay in transmission time between two points. For a fiber optic network, the internet signal is transmitted by light, so signals travel faster – literally at the speed of light – resulting in much less latency with stronger signal strength.
- Cost Savings: Fiber may be more affordable than you think. Most companies want to reduce or eliminate the need for an upfront investment when switching to a fiber-based service. Excitel Fiber+ Internet offers a turn-key solution with enterprise-grade equipment at near-consumer prices. Included are ongoing software upgrades as a part of the service.
Businesses need to keep up with the ever-changing technology landscape, so they need the best internet connection they can get—fiber. Excitel has flexible and customizable fiber optic solutions that can affordably meet the needs of companies of all sizes in all industries.
Frequently asked questions
What are the benefits of fiber Internet?
Here are the benefits of fiber internet:
- No throttling
- Same speed for download and upload
- Higher quality TV
- Better gameplay
- Connecting with multiple devices
What are the benefits of using the internet for your business?
Here are the benefits of using the internet for your business:
- You communicate more easily and rapidly.
- Information sharing and finding are way faster than DSL.
- Business automation.
- High-speed connection and mobile internet.
- Latest marketing approaches to reach more customers.
- More new clients and more engaged customers.
- Enhanced customer service.
- Using the internet to manage corporate networks.
What are the top 5 advantages of fiber optic cable?
Here are the top 5 advantages of fiber optic cable:
- Better bandwidth
- Higher bandwidth
- Longer transmission distances
- Greater flexibility
- Improved latency
- Stronger security